Old December 17th 18, 10:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

Default estimate of the age of the universe

On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 2:30:29 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 1:58:14 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 1:29:24 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 3:24:21 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 11:20:27 AM UTC-8, The Starmaker wrote:
I just realized that
how 'they' measure the
age of the universe is
done incorrectly.

1) by looking for the oldest star

I don't see how they can look for the
oldest star since stars existed trillions
of years before the big bang.

2) and back to the big bang

measuring stars from a
big bang is not how you measure
the universe since stars existed Before
the big bang.

I mean like WOW, you people got everything wrong, haven't you?

On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 11:20:27 AM UTC-8, The Starmaker wrote:
I just realized that
how 'they' measure the
age of the universe is
done incorrectly.

1) by looking for the oldest star

I don't see how they can look for the
oldest star since stars existed trillions
of years before the big bang.

2) and back to the big bang

measuring stars from a
big bang is not how you measure
the universe since stars existed Before
the big bang.

I mean like WOW, you people got everything wrong, haven't you?

22 billion years and counting bert

Counting up to what? What is the maximum age of a universe? Without a big bang, these questions do not arise.

Double-A

The universe is now middle age.When humankind is dead its also the end for all that is.A universe that can not see itself is what I'm saying.Bert

The universe can see itself through many eyes, most of them alien. Do not assume any special importance to mankind.

Double-A

Humankind eyes might be the only and the best.We even wear glasses to see to it.Man always looks up when the stars are up.We see our galaxy core so very far away,and not Earth's core.Hmmmm Bert