Old August 7th 11, 06:14 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Speed of individual photons cannot exceed speed of light in avacuum

On 06/08/2011 4:25 AM, PD wrote:
On 8/5/2011 8:54 PM, Yousuf Khan wrote:
For example, the concept of bosons vs. fermions: fermions cannot occupy
the same quantum state, bosons can. How can multiple bosons occupy the
same quantum state, unless you visualize bosons occupying different
quantum states in dimensions above our 4 dimensions? Also when you get a
Bose-Einstein Condensate, you can turn a bunch of fermions into a large
super-boson, you definitely need to use multi-dimensions there.

I see two muddlings going on here. First of all you have confused
"quantum state" with "region of space". Secondly, you are assuming the
validity of the ancient Greek notion that no two physical objects can
occupy the same region of space at the same time.

No, I haven't confused them, I have _deliberately_ equated them. There's
a difference here. I'm saying quantum states equate to something
physical in higher dimensions. We already talk about quantum states as
mapping to something in the so-called Hilbert Space. Hilbert Space is
assumed to be a virtual mathematical construct, but what if it's an
actual construct?

Yousuf Khan