Old September 12th 16, 05:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default Evidence for the existence of God

On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 09:40:43 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc
wrote:

On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 10:10:05 AM UTC-6, Chris L Peterson wrote:

I don't see anything here that even remotely rises to the level of
objective, or even reasonable evidence for the existence of a god. A
girl can paint? A boy thinks he went to heaven? Two people have a
similar idea what Jesus looked like?

If it happens that a number of similar anecdotes come up - and in the majority
of those anecdotes, Jesus looks the same, and His appearance is not simply
modeled on a commonly-known portrait - that would indeed be objective evidence,
even if not ironclad.

On the other hand, if there are many similar anecdotes, and in two of them,
Jesus looks the same, yes, that isn't evidence.

Of course in this case we have only one painting, which looks very
much like a conventional representation of Jesus, and everything else
is people making claims without evidence. This is hearsay of the
lowest quality at this point.