Old July 19th 07, 06:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

Default ASTRO: M27...again

Rick Johnson wrote:
Since it goes completely across the field it has to be space junk as not
even a very close NEO would cross a that field in 30 seconds. I did
discover you are in the Eastern time zone. I'd mistakenly put you in
central. Astro times should always be in UTC. As that makes the date
July 15th not 14th and the time a bit after 3:00. So I used 17.13 for
the date and turned up nothing within 20 minutes of M27 down to 20th
magnitude.

http://scully.harvard.edu/~cgi/CheckMP

If you want to try other conditions but that has to be space junk.

I have a sort of dim night with thick haze so am trying to get
something. First frame as a bright piece of space junk right through
the very center of the object. Space junk is driving me nuts.

Rick

So, why not change your hobby to tracking space junk??
Your hit rate for sky objects would improve to to a new
highscore.....