Old February 5th 19, 03:50 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Steve Willner

Default What does it mean in astrophysics for X-rays to be reflected?

In article ,
Eric Flesch writes:
As to whether elastic scattering of any sort yields the "same" photon,
I suspect that you're right and that photons don't have an individual
identify.

Doesn't this have to be true? Wouldn't the Planck law have a
different form if photons were distinguishable? When I studied
thermodynamics, there were four cases: particles could be
distinguishable or indistinguishable, and they could or could not
occupy the same state. (Distinguishable particles that can occupy
the same state are rare.)

Steve Willner Phone 617-495-7123
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA