Old January 3rd 05, 09:30 AM
md

"Carl Wrightson" wrote in message
I don't suppose anyone out there has come across this issue have they? I
follow the instructions implicitly and once the alignment is complete (any
option - 1 star, 2 stars, etc) and I choose go-to for an object such as one
of the obvious planets so I know I've got the object correct (!) it points
somewhere close (same area of the sky...just about) but not in the same
field of view through the scope. The GPS location is set correctly and if I
use manual alignment with known stars it is still wrong. Sometimes (not
always), even the tracking/slew rate seems to be incorrect, and as I'm all
geared up for astrophotography that kind if spells failure from the start.

Anybody got any ideas???? Any at all???!!! :-) Through my LPI I can get a
decent image of Jupiter say, but it jumps a lot which I guess will make
stacking the images pretty near impossible, or is there something with image
processing software I can use to avoid this. I want to by the new Deep Space
Imager but with longer exposures these problems will make my purchase
worthless!

did you train the drives?
--
md