Old October 29th 17, 03:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Were liquid boosters on Shuttle ever realistic?

In article om,
says...

On 2017-10-28 21:47, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Musk seems to think he has enough data to declare it 'production use'
starting at the beginning of this year. I believe him before I belief
**** you pull out of your ass.

Am not debating that they can do it. And yes, they are selling launches
on refurb stages. But as I recall, they've only have 1 launch so far on
a refurb stage. All those sales are for future launches. When those
happen, then SpaceX will have demonstrated it can deliver on turning
around landed stages quickly enough to meet customer demand.

This is NOT correct. They've done it THREE times already. Here are the
three booster numbers that have each flown twice:

Falcon 9 booster B1021 (first reflight)
Falcon 9 booster B1029 (second reflight)
Falcon 9 booster B1031 (third reflight)

Cite (again, since you seem unwilling to look for the facts):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...stage_boosters

Furthermore, if you look closely at the above page, you'll see not one
but two more flown boosters scheduled for their second flight in
December of this year.

Until then, it is cheer leading to state that they have proven it.

They HAVE proven it THREE times! It's not our fault you're ignorant of
the facts.

And do note (again, according to the page I've cited) that B1035 (which
launched Dragon CRS-11 to ISS) is scheduled to launch Dragon CRS-13 to
ISS. So NASA believes that SpaceX has "proven it", otherwise why would
they risk an ISS Dragon cargo mission on something "unproven"?

Please JF, drop this foolishness. The facts have proven your assertion
wrong.

Jeff