Old June 7th 16, 10:09 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default Flat Earthers are still around

On Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 9:30:29 AM UTC+1, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 8:24:29 AM UTC+1, oriel36 wrote:
watch the Sun rise and set and the stars come into view with each rotation.

I do, and I notice that the stars come into view every 23 hours 56 minutes 4 seconds, and the Sun takes an extra few minutes.

The Sun and stars come into view in two separate ways and right now at the South pole it is approaching polar midnight as that location continues to turn away from the Sun and the stars remain in view constantly for another number of months -

http://www.usap.gov/videoclipsandmaps/spwebcam.cfm

The combination of two surface rotations to the Sun, one constant and the other uneven, creates the observed inequality in the noon cycle which is never 24 hours. The solar vs sidereal fiction tries to insert a belief that rotation to the Sun in 24 hours is set off against rotation to the stars in 23 hours 56 minutes but again this is chaos at the expense of the planet's dual surface rotations and their appreciation through observations and experiences.

I do not know why people are unable to feel shame at their inability to take pride in the 24 hour AM/PM system and Lat/Long system which contains the facts of a round and rotating Earth. The actual terms AM and PM fix the progression of days to rotations so there is never a drift between day/night cycles and rotations as anarchists assert -

" It is a fact not generally known that,owing to the difference between solar and sidereal time,the Earth rotates upon its axis once more often than there are days in the year" NASA /Harvard

Contributors here like to say astronomy is all about mathematics but what the really mean, unbeknownst to themselves, is that they have inherited a clockwork driven nightmare which wrecks havoc with all before it and especially with the facts surrounding a round and rotating planet that they rely for their existence.