Old October 26th 07, 12:09 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity
Dr. Henri Wilson

Default Why are the 'Fixed Stars' so FIXED?

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 20:24:22 +0200, "Paul B. Andersen"
wrote:

Dr. Henri Wilson skrev:
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:50:27 +0200, "Paul B. Andersen"
wrote:

Dr. Henri Wilson skrev:
My approach, WHICH PRODUCES THE RIGHT ANSWER says light PARTICLES do NOT behave
according to classical traveling wave equation A'=Asin[2pi(t/T-x/L)]
..why should they?
You are indeed funny, Henri. :-)

I like to make people laugh....It shows they are learning new things from me...

Wasn't your approach to count the number of wavelengths defined
by the equation A'=Asin[2pi(t/T-x/L)] (in a wrong way, but anyway).

Paul, I don't expect you to be able to understand the physical significance of
the traveling wave equation but to put it simply, it describes what happens if
you draw a sqiggly line on a piece of paper and move it sideways.

If you think a photon is just a 'moving squiggly line' then you're welcome to
the idea ...but can you explain how one particular squiggly line and not
another will cause electrons to be released from a metal surface when it hits
is?

So your approach is NOT to count the number of wavelengths defined
by the equation sin(wt - kx). But as you can see below by my question below,
I had understood that much.

If this equation does not apply to light, what are you then counting?

What is the _wave_length of your non wave?

What IS your 'approach'? :-)

No answer, Henri?'

What IS your approach which produce 'the right answer'?

And how do you define the wavelengths you are counting?

A photon has an intrinsic oscillation of an unknown nature. During the absolute
time interval defined by one period of that oscillation, an identifiable point
in the photon body moves through a 'spatial interval' at c wrt the source. The
absolute distance it moves in the source frame is its 'wavelength'. Like ALL
lengths, that wavelength is the same in all frames.

Unlike your 'fixed squiggly line' theory, the phase at the 'front' of a BaTh
photon changes as it moves.

Henri Wilson. ASTC,BSc,DSc(T)

www.users.bigpond.com/hewn/index.htm