Old July 3rd 05, 06:08 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Tom Van Flandern
writes
The Satellite Model for comets, a competitor of the Dirty Snowball
model and a corollary of the exploded planet hypothesis (EPH), makes a
very specific prediction that the comet nucleus is a solid rocky
asteroid. See http://metaresearch.org/solar%20syst...DeepImpact.asp
for background and details.

Within a few days, after the dust settles, we'll have important new
data about the origin and nature of comets, and about which of the
current models does the best job. -|Tom|-

Am I being unkind when I mention the NEAR Challenge?
http://www.metaresearch.org/solar%20...NEARChallengeB
ackground.asp
http://abob.libs.uga.edu/bobk/ccc/cc020202.html
I'm a romantic and read "Space Cadet" at an early age, "Sight of
Proteus" ("Loge") a lot later - to name just two stories that use the
idea - but that doesn't seem to be the way it works.