Old September 17th 12, 02:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
David Staup

Default Amateur astronomers are reporting a bright fireball on Jupiter

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
On Sep 11, 5:58 am, Sam Wormley wrote:
EXPLOSION ON JUPITER: Amateur astronomers are reporting a bright
fireball on Jupiter--apparently the result of a small asteroid hitting
the planet during the early hours of Sept. 10th. As the fireball fades,
attention turns to possible debris around the impact site. Observers
will be monitoring the region in the nights ahead to see what surfaces.
Checkhttp://spaceweather.comfor images and updates.

Why yes indeed, and if that item of perhaps nearly the size of our
moon had encountered Earth instead, we'd all be dead by now.

The Sirius Oort cloud offering at least a thousand fold greater mass
than our Oort cloud has to work with, is currently arriving at gates
01 through 666, and it'll be unavoidably interacting with our Oort
cloud, plus sharing a few items with NEO potential of less than 1r,
that should brighten up future days for thousands of years to come as
Sirius passes to within a light year of us.

A gas giant like Jupiter tends to envelope and sequester or blanket
whatever it encounters before the item explodes into creating its
enormous photon output that only a very small percentage is detected
by us. Unlike Earth whereas the extremely thin atmosphere allows for
an extremely bright display of a falling star or rather that of an
asteroid encounter to show up at essentially full brightness potential
as viewed from the surface and especially as viewed from LEO or
further away. Whatever encountered Jupiter was perhaps worth at least
1000 km diameter to begin with.

Goofy

Have you ever heard of "ignorance"? Ignorance is a common afliction,
entirely understandable in todays world where knowlege is doubling every few
years.

"Ignorantia affectada" ...translates as..... "Cultivated Ignorance" is
another matter entirely. You have taken the practice to new hights...you
****ing idiot!