Old March 4th 07, 09:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Starlord

Default better way of seeing noise before image is printed?

Use Film.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

"Jason Albertson" wrote in message
ink.net...
I like to print photos of images I've taken during planetary imaging
sessions. I have been printing images for several years, but I always
have
the same problem: I can't seem to see the noise very well until after an
image is printed. Many, many times I have wasted initial prints because
noise rears its ugly head in the image. Then I have to go back and try to
gaussian blur the image at the risk of loosing sharpness when the image is
reprinted. My question is this: is there any easy way to see noise in
images before they are printed? If I zoom in 200% or better and readjust
brightness/ contrast, this helps somewhat, but I am usually still
disappointed once the image is printed. There must be a better way of
seeing/ predicting noise that will show up in photos. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jason