Old June 18th 05, 12:51 AM

Marilee J. Layman wrote:

Ah, so this is why you haven't posted to rec.crafts.jewelry recently.
You've moved to sewing!

You are very astute. Yes but I still cut a stone now and then and made
another chain a few weeks ago and my next project is to make my wife a
martini glass(silver) like mine.

As a point of interest, I got a terrible case of tennis elbow from
pounding on silver.

Sewing (tailoring) is an interesting study which I like to compare to
the more masculine craft of woodworking. My shop contains about ten
motorized machines that are almost required for every project. Only
one machine is needed to construct an equally complex thing like the
coat featured in the current Photo of the week.

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com