Old September 5th 04, 04:23 PM
Pokey Latrobe

"William C. Keel" wrote in message
This morning's sighting of a flare from Iridium 46 marked a milestone for
me - I've now seen flares from all the operational Iridium satellites

Congratulations on your accomplishment. I have been logging my Iridium
observations since July 2003 and now have seen 39 separate satellites in 59
sightings. My favorite was a mag -8 double sighting of #76 in April of this
year. I am a novice in this hobby, my first planned satellite observation
was Starshine 3, a few weeks before its decay in January, 2003. This, and a
little research, inspired me to purchase a pair of 9x63 binoculars and the
rest is history, albeit a brief one.

Hopefully, I'll know for certain if and when I complete the list.
Iridium.com states there are 79 satellites currently in operation but H/A
shows there about 90 or so satellites or related hardware floating around...

P.L.