Old February 26th 04, 05:37 PM
bart janssens

Default Mars Rover

What's it like having everybody on the planet laughing at you?

It is precisely the SAME FEELING that COPERNICUS and GALILEO
experienced when they claimed that the bible was wrong to say
that everything (also the sun) turned around the earth ....

Nobody laughed at them. Indeed, their works were accepted as the
basis of modern astronomy. The RCC freaked, because it threatened the
canonical view of the universe.

The reaction of the Roman Catholic Church was worse
than "laughing"..

Moron, I had a telescope that used a motor for clean tracking of an
object. That motor burned out. I lost the track. Thousands of
others on the beach that night *did* track all the way to MECO.

But, none of those thousands saw the Space Shuttle dis-appear
behind the horizon, isn't it?

(and for this reason...I expect that we will NEVER AGAIN...
witness a SPACE SHUTTLE LAUNCH - except in the mist or
with a explosion like the Challenger -
because it DOES NOT DIS-APPEAR BEHIND THE HORIZON...,
so it can not be in ORBIT...)

Wrong.

You, yourself admitted that you saw eight Space Shuttle launches,
and NOT ONCE you saw "it" dis-appear behind the horizon...

Every "christian on the planet" was laughing at them...,
but - as you probably know - they were wrong...,
just like you are wrong to believe that the Space Shuttle
went INTO ORBIT...

Wrong again. I can show you the debate, and many Protesants accepted
Galileo's work as part of the general acceptance of science

I meant the "CATHOLIC" christians...