Old September 12th 12, 08:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Anthony Ayiomamitis[_1_]

Default Some pulsating variables and eclipsing binaries

Τη Τετάρτη, 12 Σεπτεμβρίου 2012 3:33:37 μ.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway *γραψε:
"Anthony Ayiomamitis" wrote in message

Τη
Τετάρτη, 12 Σεπτεμβρίου 2012 2:44:16 π.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Lord Androcles,
Zeroth Earl of Medway *γραψε:
"Anthony Ayiomamitis"

wrote in message

Τη
Τετάρτη, 12 Σεπτεμβρίου 2012 12:53:40 π.μ. UTC+3,

ο χρήστης Lord Androcles,
Zeroth Earl of Medway *γραψε:

"Anthony Ayiomamitis"
wrote in message

Dear
group ...

and Oriel,
Anthony.

*

http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...R-20120824.htm

*

“A variable
star,

as its name
suggests, is a star whose magnitude varies

intrinsically”

*

No
it doesn’t.

variable star appears to vary because light from the approaching side

of
its orbit

catches up with light from the
receding side of its orbit.

The

intrinsic

magnitude

is constant. Contrary to popular myth and magic

there
is no aether and light’s velocity is c+v relative

to Earth. Your

outlandish

claim is not based on science and
mathematics but on

bigotry
and ignorance.

bent stick in water is, as its name suggests, a

stick whose
bend varies
intrinsically.

You don’t need to say

“intrinsically”,
nor

do you have any knowledge of it being intrinsic.

**

http://androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Doolin'sStar.GIF

*

--
Lord Androcles,

Zeroth Earl of
Medway

Androcles,

If

your logic was correct, would not the light
curve then be perfectly

symmetrical?

Good
thought, Anthony, but no. Orbits are usually

elliptical and their

orientation

the observer is (to date) only guessed at.

*

*

The
only perfectly

symmetrical light curves I have seen or produced are those
involving

eclipsing binaries and for obvious reasons. Ex.

http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...3-20120904.htm .

Bent sticks in water are

“obviously” bent because we can see

they are.

No reasons are

“obvious”, Anthony.

They have to be carefully

computed.

*

*

How do you explain this

assymetry
(amogst MANY others):

http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...R-20120824.htm
?

===================================

So–called

“eclipsing binaries” have the major axis
of the ellipse

aligned with the line-of-sight. They are not

binaries at all, except

in the sense that

they have planets. The source of
light, the primary,

orbits a common centre it shares with the planet,
and

therefore it

MUST move. Algol playing

peek-a-boo behind a “dark
companion”

is nonsensical, a dark star as big as Algol itself
but emits no

light

of its own? Inconceivable.

Amongst many others the asymmetry doesn’t have the

major axis

of the ellipse aligned

with the
line-of-sight.

Changing b-Persei to

d-Cephei and back again without changing distance.

http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...rnicus/A2C.gif

Angle of inclination to the celestial plane,
eccentricity, Major Axis,

Period and Yaw to the line of sight all change:

Carefully computed, not hand drawn.

*

--
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of

Medway

Whenever a star is suspected to be variable, spectroscopy does
ensue in order to check whether the cycle of the variability is correlated to
the orbit. There are examples where this has been shown to be the case and, to
this end, the variability is artificial for the reason you cite
earlier.

You
have never seen the orbit of a star and neither has anyone else (with the
possible exception of Sol orbiting the barycentre it shares with
Jupiter, or Sirius A with Sirius B). Perhaps you are referring to the orbit of
the Earth.

--
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

However,
your citation suggests that this is the case for all pulsating variables and
this is something which is not true.

*

*

======================

As I
stated earlier, your outlandish claim is not based on science and mathematics
but on bigotry and ignorance.

--
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

*

*

Stars
have their outer "surface" expand and contract with the dominating theory
suggesting ionization is at play where a hot core leads to ionization and
expansion; the expansion leads to cooling (of the outer layers) and where
ionization now stops; thus leading to contraction and a reheating which
activates ionization again etc.

================================

So you are
claiming the surface expands at 30 km/sec for two days, then collapses at 20
km/sec for three days.

- Lord
Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

*

*

It
is my understanding, right or wrong, that the incessant expansion and
contraction of (variables) stars is basically a given fact. If ionization is
really at play or not is something which is to be proven.

*

*

================================

I suggest you commence
proving.

It is my understanding,
right or wrong, that water saturates the wood, softening it, the part above the
surface tries to float and the part below the surface sags and tries to sink,
thus bending the stick at the surface, which is basically a given fact. If
saturation is really at play or not is something which is to be proven. On the
other hand it could be light that bends, but that notion is preposterous. The
dominant theory is light travels in perfectly straight lines at exactly
299792458 m/s in nothing at all, and of course it is a fact that dominant
theories dominate.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth
Earl of Medway

*

Your
earlier suggestion does have a basis but only for "variable" stars whose cycle
has been correlated to their orbit.

*

==========================

What
orbit?

--
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

*

However,
this is not an all-inclusive conclusion. For example, how do you explain the
Blazhko effect where every 85-86 days RR Lyr goes through a complete cycle
related to the amplitude of its maxima?*

*

*

==============================

explain it by there being more than one planet involved. An outer planet has a
period of 85-86 days, the inner planet a much shorter period.

-
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

*

Ditto
for other pulsators which show a steady and constant anomaly in the ascending
branch of the light-curve (and delta Scuti's which show a similar anomaly in the
descending branch - ex.
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...5-20120103.htm ). Also,
here is a nice weird pulsator and for which I fail to see how your earlier
suggestion can be used to explain its behaviour:
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...4-20120609.htm .

==============================

It
is your failure to see that I am trying to help you with.

- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of
Medway

*

Finally,
let's go to BL Cam: http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...L-20111128.htm
... the amplitude of the maximum here also varies and I fail to see how your
earlier comment can explain this observation. As an aside, in a few months I
will spend a complete evening on BL Cam so as to get 10-12 such cycles and where
the variability in the amplitude of the maximum will really show up
nicely.

Anthony.

*

================================

Regrettably, as long as you continue to believe in
dominant theories about the speed of light being constant in empty space you
will never gain any insight into the true nature of astronomical bodies. Stars
that huff and puff, stars that play peek-a-boo behind a dark companion, stars
that blow themselves to smithereens twice in three months then settle back to
normal only to blow up twice again 200 years later, stars that fire off flares
brighter than the star itself, all can be explained by the speed of light being
constant wrt the source and c+v with respect to the observer.

Faster
light arrives sooner, slower light arrives later, making the true sinusoidal
velocity curve look like
this:
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn...d79cd3696b1291
with
it's impossible acceleration.*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

The razor asserts that
one should proceed to simpler theories until simplicity can be traded for
greater explanatory power.

--
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway.

Strange as it may sound, this is one of the many beauties which I find about astronomy. From observation, however limited or extended, there is an attempt to quantify, describe, and "solve" something much greater.

Hopefully during our lifetime we will have definitive proof as to what really is going on with these pulsators, be it ionization, planets or whatever else.

Anthony.