Old December 1st 11, 05:11 AM
Jerald8 Jerald8 is offline
Junior Member

[quote=Jeff Findley;1154702]In article

hdakotatelephone,

My tank should be arriving in two days, along with the the bulk of my stuff, and then a few things will be left to pick out at the LFS. I'm pretty excited so I thought I'd hop on here and write out a checklist for the more experienced to look at and tell me if I've made any horrible errors or missed something.

-56g Column (30x18x24) & glass canopy
-Fluval 405 w/ a spread of extra media (recommendations for what to start with?)
-Hydor Koralia 750gph and 450gph (not using both, will send back the one that isn't ideal for the tank. Any guesses as to which that will be?)
-Nova Extreme T5 HO x2 fixture
-Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Master Test Kit
-2 or 3 (thinking 3) bags of Seachem Fluorite Black Sand
-Jager 250w heater (Or should I go with two smaller ones?)
- Water conditioner

The last time I kept an aquarium was at least ten, maybe twelve years ago. It was a 125 planted. But, I know things have changed, and I've been doing a lot of reading and updating my knowledge. That said, does what I have/will have look alright?

I plan on doing a planted tank with some catfish (hoplos from one LFS if they still have them by the time cycling is done), a large school of cherry barbs or something similar and anything after that I'm totally open to suggestions on. I don't actually know much about plants, but I was thinking of going with watersprite, egeria and something else easy.