Old March 22nd 18, 11:15 AM posted to sci.space.history
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default Atlas 5A rocket at Canada Science and Techology Museum

"Michael Gallagher" wrote in message

Some years ago, I was reading a book on Canada and stumbled on a
picture of an Atlas 5A rocket on display at the Canada Science and
Techonolgy museum. I went and saw it in person.

Fast forward to reading in Spaceflight that the Museum had closed and
the rocket scrapped. I recently looked into it again and found the
museum had been rebuilt after mold had been discovered in it. As to
the rocket, it had been built in the 1950s and set outside in Ottawa
in the 1970s. The weather had taken its toll, and there was concern
that even with an air compressor keeping it pressurized, the rocket
could collapse. So they scrapped it.

A local liked the rocket and shot drone footage of it before it was
taken down. It was posted on Youtube at this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPmplphBQO4

Enjoy.

Nice video.
I'm a little confused about the designation. I'm not aware of any Atlas that
was called an Atlas 5.
The current model (which this obviously isn't) is the Atlas V.
The early ones were Atlas A-H.

IT Disaster Response -
https://www.amazon.com/Disaster-Resp...dp/1484221834/