Old December 24th 03, 11:46 PM
Giovanni

Default Milky Way's Big Bang

David Ewan Kahana wrote in message ...
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:25:12 +0000, Giovanni wrote:

1. In Genesis account, God created light on the first day but the sun
and the stars were created by God on the fourth day. What is this
light or its source on the first day? Simple, the light was from a
supernova. God is light and does not need to create light to be able
to see things. So, God created a physical light so that physical
things will be visible to the physical world or universe.

Electron capture does occur in supernovae but electron
capture on protons from hydrogen is not the causative factor.

So, you still believe that rpoton-proton chain results into fusion?
Read the many papers on this chain reaction and the billions of
dollars spent on its research and the years of unfruitful results.

Considerable gravitational binding energy is released in the collapse,
which produces a shock wave proceeding outward from the core. The great
majority of the energy in such a gravitational collapse supernova is
released in the form of neutrinos and anti-neutrinos which are mainly
produced by electron-positron annihilation in the early stages of the
collapse. A small fraction of the energy is transformed into light and
kinetic energy of the shockwave, and even this small fraction is enough
to completely disrupt the outer layers of the star producing an enormous
explosion.

Gravity is not a big factor in the collapse of s a star. On the first
item, I mentioned that it it was on the fourth day that the sun gave
off light. This implies that the hydrogen in the sun was in liquid
state and so are the gases in some planets. In liquid state, the
gravity was greater in magnitude yet it took three days? for the sun
to collapse if gravity is the cause? Oh, not only three days but very
much more than that.

3. As a result of the fusion of electron and proton, the electron and
positron annihilated producing light and other subatomic particles
such as pions, muons, neutrinos and others. Note that in those days no
neutrino ever roamed in the universe.

What positron?

Electron capture in hydrogen produces a neutron and a neutrino.

Typical temperatures in supernovae are too low for there to
be any very significant production of on shell pions or muon

Temperature is not a factor for the production of pions or muons.
Proton is a composite particle meaning positron is one of the many
particles inside it. As soon as the electron is captured by the proton
it meets the positron since neutrino is not present that time and the
two annihilates and the rest of the particles further disintegrates.
At that time the temperature was still very low.

A core collapse supernova will always produce a neutron star.

I disagree. See my explanation.

If the neutrinos did not eventually escape, there would be be no
supernova explosion. Instead there would be a black hole.

The travel time of three days is far too short. The flux of neutrinos
from other stars in our galaxy at the sun can be easily calculated, is
insignificant, and makes no difference to the evolution of our sun.

I was just thinking if the sun was the farthest star for it to be
reached by the neutrino.

There exists no mechanism for `trapping' neutrinos between electrons
and protons. Physicists accounted for the missing neutrinos by
proposing neutrino oscillations and non-zero neutrino masses, true,
but this appears now to be the correct explanation for the missing
solar neutrinos.

Hearsay. We are on equal footing :-).

The evolution of stars is independent of the typical background neutrino
flux. The mean free path of a 1 MeV neutrino in iron is about 1 light
year; the average density of the sun and many stars is less than
that of iron.

That's statistics and not related to the process. "Neutrino capture"
occurs only whenever there is an electron capture but not always. This
could explain why the sun does not exhaust all its hydrogen fast.

By the way, electron capture in hydrogen is no mystery. What hinders
an electron from contacting proton? Initially they are attracting each
other due to their charge but there is something that blocks the two.
This I'll explain later if time and situation permits.

It's really good to read your posts. I learn from you.

Best Regards,

Vanni