Old October 9th 17, 09:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Fall in Gresham

On Sunday, October 8, 2017 at 6:25:11 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
AA I'm scared as I sit on the beach and scan the sky and not a cloud goes by.Not a cloud in 48 hours.WOW Sitting on hot sand and no shade is making beaches to hot.Sun gives cancer.Its no wonder there not as busy.I'm a beach bum,and I like parking and camping at Huntington Beach.The price is right..Good bathhouses etc. TreBert

You need a cabana. From what I am hearing though, California is being consumed by numerous wildfires now. Perhaps worse than Oregon was a month ago. If one of those columns of smoke drifts your way, you will have plenty of shade! It will protect you from the Sun, but it won't do much good for your lungs!

A nice day here, Sun through light clouds, and plenty of con trails from a local airshow. Temp a cool 60F as of 1:30 PM. Wind NE at 8 mph, but also variable.

As I predicted a couple days ago, this would be the last season for Oregon State's football coach Gary Anderson. But I did think they would at least wait until the last day of the season to dismiss him. Well this morning it was announced that he is already gone! I guess since this season is in the toilet anyway, this will give them maximum time to find the perfect replacement. I wonder what coach Erickson is doing now? He was the coach who led the Beavers out of 40 years in the wilderness back in 2000!

Double-A