Old July 3rd 17, 08:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Mandy Liefbowitz

Default NGC 5698 and Interacting Pair LEDA 097532

On Sun, 2 Jul 2017 21:00:43 +0100, WA0CKY
wrote:

Mandy Liefbowitz;1336617 Wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 19:51:09 +0100,

Am I imagining things or is there really a very faint plumey thing
falling "down" the image from the left-hand side of that galaxy?
If it's real, I'm seeing it as several times the width of the starry
part in length.

It's probably an artifact of the processing.

[

I can't see what you are seeing. All I see is the obvious plume going
up and around from the left side and a very faint hint of one from the
right side running horizontally below the galaxy that needs much more
exposure time to define.

I've attached a severely stretched black and white negative version of
the image to bring out faint features and can't see it. Can you use a
basic image program to indicate where it is?

Nope, sorry, ignore my previous. It must be an artifact of my
eye-brain complex or something as it doesn't show on your negative
image. I should have tried this before posting. Sorry.

Thank you for trying.

Much appreciate everything you do.
Mand.

Rick