Old July 2nd 03, 10:04 PM
Allen Thomson

Default More Sea-based X-band bucks, Space-based Radar

Another SBX factoid for the record, on the exceedingly unlikely
assumption that the record will ever matter.

Aerospace Daily
June 25, 2003
Key House funding panel eyes cuts to space radar, missile
defense, JSF
[EXCERPTS]

The House Appropriations Committee plans to cut hundreds of
millions of dollars from the Bush Administration's fiscal 2004
budget request for the Space Based Radar, the Advanced Wideband
System, missile defense and the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter,
according to documents obtained by The DAILY.

[snip]

Those reductions partially are offset by increases in other
missile defense programs, including $ 22.9 million to speed up
development of the sea-based X-band radar and $ 90 million to
increase procurement of the Patriot Advanced Capability-3
(PAC-3) missile.

I wonder what other missile programs were cut. Also, I kind of
wonder why the Space Based Radar continues to get dissed by Congress
(hence the s.s.p cross-posting). SBR was looking like it might be
a good thing, but it, like its predecessors, appears to be a
target of Hill ire.