Old July 21st 14, 02:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Default Time from Big Dipper/Polaris positions?

oriel36 wrote:
These celestial sphere nuisances constitute a disruptive bunch for
although the use of a system based on timekeeping averages spread across
the 1461 day system may be useful for the astronomical version of
trainspotting by magnification hobbyists it disrupts appreciation of the
great insights of astronomy including the new one which partitions
retrograde resolution between inner and outer planets.

Anyone,and I mean anyone, can easily identify the motion of Venus and
Mercury as they move out from behind the Sun and in the opposite
direction to the annual motion of the background stars and then move to
their widest point before swinging back in front of the central Sun.

Have you ever seen Mercury with your own eyes?
Copernicus never did.
Mercury is difficult to see unless you know where to look. How do you know
where to look - by predictions made using Newton's equations.
You certainly never saw the events in the predictive video below from
Ireland since Mercury was mostly below your horizon at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdFrE7hWj0A

http://www.masil-astro-imaging.com/S...age%20flat.jpg

The annual motion of the stars seen in the graphic along the ecliptic
plane and due solely to the orbital motion of the Earth does away with
the need and use of the Equatorial coordinate system for interpretative
purposes and it is impossible,I repeat, impossible to appreciate the
resolution of inner planetary retrogrades without letting go of celestial
sphere ideologies on which wishful thinking and exploitation has gone on for so long.

It doesn't matter if the graphics and sequential imaging only makes sense
to me or that it is a wonderful addition to the retrograde resolutions of
the outer planets due mostly to the faster orbital motion of the Earth,
The breathtaking grandstand view we have of Venus as it travels around
the Sun and sometimes in the opposition direction to the annual motion of
the background stars and then in the direction of the same stars along
the ecliptic plane is there for all to enjoy.

It is too early to speak of dishonoring the internet as the educational
tool that it is but I have these guys spraying graffiti each time I post
whereas it is much easier just to construct the narrative in a dedicated
way from its beginnings here in this forum much like the beginnings of
computers,planes,cars ect were constructed in garages or in an informal
atmosphere known to all frontier spirits.