Old July 24th 03, 11:58 PM
Llanzlan Klazmon The 15th

Default Is Jupiter the Hottest Planet?

(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote in
:

David My thoughts come from what I read. Jupiter radiates 2% more
energy than it gets from the energy of the sun. It is very large. I'm
not talking surface temperatures I'm talking radiating photons into
space. It has the greatest amount of lightning bolts,and much bigger
bolts than earth's. It has very dense fast moving clouds,and that
great(many sizes larger than the earth) red eye. A glowing red spot
means it could be hot. Don't think your bringing in Mercury is good
for it gets its heat only from the sun. Venus I can live
with,because it gets hot because it traps the sun"s heat. Bert

Possible energy sources:

1. Radioactive decay.

2. Separation by density.

L.