Old July 24th 03, 02:43 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Is Jupiter the Hottest Planet?

David My thoughts come from what I read. Jupiter radiates 2% more energy
than it gets from the energy of the sun. It is very large. I'm not
talking surface temperatures I'm talking radiating photons into space.
It has the greatest amount of lightning bolts,and much bigger bolts than
earth's. It has very dense fast moving clouds,and that great(many sizes
larger than the earth) red eye. A glowing red spot means it could be
hot. Don't think your bringing in Mercury is good for it gets its heat
only from the sun. Venus I can live with,because it gets hot
because it traps the sun"s heat. Bert