Old October 3rd 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.arts.sf.science,sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default Questions about "The High Frontier"

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 21:38:00 -0400, in a place far, far away,
"Jonathan" made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

There's a huge and glaring logical flaw with the idea of large
scale colonies in space. If we can't learn how to sustain ourselves
here on earth, with all the natural advantages and cheap resources.
How in the hell are we going to produce a sustainable colony
in space?

All of the available evidence indicates that we are quite successful
at sustaining ourselves on earth.