Old September 18th 06, 04:07 PM posted to sci.space.station
Jeff Findley

Default Madonna could be sent into space in 2009 - Russian Space Agency

"Z 1 Y 0 N 3 X" wrote in message
oups.com...
This is totally absurd. I guess space tourism has to start somewhere...

But Madonna?! Jesus christ if she wasn't filthy rich there is no doubt
in my mind she wouldn't even think about space flight.

At the reported $20 million per flight that the Russians are charging, being
"filthy rich" seems to be a prerequisite, unless you're one of the chosen
few career astronauts who are lucky enough to actually get a flight
assignment.

In case you have not noticed, cost is the biggest roadblock to space travel
today. Luckily, there are small startup companies who are working to change
this.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)