Old September 17th 06, 08:10 PM posted to sci.space.station
Jochem Huhmann

Default Madonna could be sent into space in 2009 - Russian Space Agency

Frank Glover writes:

Z 1 Y 0 N 3 X wrote:
I agree, I think the whole space tourism thing should be flushed, if
not, modified. I don't think $20,000,000 is enough for a tourist at
this beginning point in time.

The Russians provide the service, they're the ones who decide what's
an acceptable price.

Soyuz doesn't cost as much to lanuch as the shuttle, and;

They may not be trying to break-even on it, anyway.

Back in the Tito (or Shuttleworth, I don't remember which) days it was
said that the 20 millions would pay not only for one, but for two
complete launches. So $10,000,000 might be what a Soyuz launch actually
costs and the Russians may just turn a fair profit out of every tourist
launched.

Jochem

--
"A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."