Old April 30th 10, 12:36 PM posted to sci.astro.fits
Giuseppe Vacanti

Default [fitsbits] The Vatican adopts FITS

On 04/30/2010 11:47 AM, Thierry Forveille wrote:
Rob Seaman a écrit :
Lots of interesting issues he

Should the FITS working group perhaps try to establish a contact and
offer our (limited) help??

On this point I should like to notice that the article in Italian
reports that IBM and the Vatican plan to submit the FITS standard to ISO
in order to make it an official image preservation and dissemination
standard. This seems to me a process the FITS community will want to get
involved in (if the report is correct).

Regards,

--
Giuseppe Vacanti - cosine Science & Computing BV (KvK 28077080)
Niels Bohrweg 11, 2333 CA Leiden, The Netherlands