Old February 11th 10, 08:11 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
dlzc

Default Active galaxy jets may be due to blackholes spinning backwardsfrom their accretion disks

Dear john:

On Feb 11, 8:19*am, john wrote:
On Feb 11, 8:58*am, dlzc wrote:
On Feb 11, 3:06*am, eric gisse wrote:

Yousuf Khan wrote:

[...]

Not a ****ing chance.

The spin of the black hole will drive the accretion flow
backwards from whatever retrograde orbit it had before,
drop it into the black hole, and carry what's left around
with the hole's angular momentum. There's a strong
selection process in play here.

That is what the paper said, Eric. *The "selection
process" left a noticeable void around the black hole,
as stuff simply fell in. *No chance to get reboosted from
original momentum to exactly counter momentum.

I'm highly interested in reading the full scholarly article
but this looks like rather speculative guessing to me. I
might go down to UW just for this.

Let us know what you find. *Your shoes need to trod that
ground again anyway...

I tread, I trod, I have trodden

Black holes separate charge for infalling matter
and shoot positives out one
jet and negatives out the other.
*Does it ionize?

Does a "traffic jam", then then "infinite" series of collisions,
produce noise and flying bits?

If we have charged particle separation then we'd require a charged
central hole as well, it would seem. Our own central black hole is
spawning antiparticles from one pole too. Wonder how that works? How
do you polarize antiparticle creation...

Maybe a BH with jets is really a white hole, only its only white on an
axis? Nah!

David A. Smith