Old May 24th 07, 11:51 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
Jonathan

Default ....Burt Rutan RIPS the "Vision" in recent speech... 05-06-07

"kert" wrote in message
ups.com...
It was a
criticism of ESAS, which I share.

About ESAS, he's called it stupid, of making no sense
likened it to archeology.
http://www.space.com/adastra/adastra...an_060504.html

I agree with that. But that's ESAS, not VSE.

Watch the video, its great fun. Rutan is a fun speaker. While one
might not agree with everything he says, he has lots of interesting
points and he expresses them well.

His critiquie isnt aimed at VSE, he never mentions this specifically,

The only time he referred to the Vision he called it the
Bush 'Doctrine', dripping with contempt, calling
it 50 years spent deliberately learning nothing new.
He then cut himself off while indignantly mentioning
that he was told not to discuss politics. Something
was then edited out that got a loud laugh. No doubt
he crossed some line while criticizing the Vision
further.

basically his views pretty much align with goals of VSE.

Only in the sense he believes in colonizing.

He critizices
lack of progress in space technology, which is tied to ESAS.

He was pretty clear that the business community was
the path to building and breakthroughs in space.
The Vision is the exact anti-thesis of that belief.

Sure, both believe we should be in space, but aside
from that I don't see any agreement at all.

-kert