Old December 10th 15, 03:03 PM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Default Was the Solar System born through a neutron star-neutron star merger?

Dear Yousuf Khan:

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 2:03:36 AM UTC-7, Yousuf Khan wrote:
http://astronomynow.com/2015/12/09/g...eavy-elements/

I remember reading some years back that there's a
mystery about the elements that make up the Solar
System.

How many solar systems have we investigated, such that we would know the makeup of crustal elements of small rocky bodies?

I find it naive to be surprised here. We have to crank our various empirical engines to make predictions, with insufficient data for building them. I know it is "something to do" while waiting for interstellar travel to become a reality, but...

David A. Smith