Old May 16th 06, 08:22 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station

Default ...Lesson for Nasa! US Airmail and Aviation

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: Derek Lyons wrote:

: And there has been about a billion dollars of investment in private
: space vehicles recently.
:
: So?
:
: So, significant money disagrees with Mr. Oldover (not surprising, since
: most sensible people do).
:
:
: Significant money disagreed with those who thought the dot com era
: might become the dot bomb era. (And your reply, as quoted below,
: indicates that Mr Oldover is in fact correct, the money didn't come
: from the financial world - it came from the goverment.)

: It came from both.
:
: And I find it fascinating how you define 'sensible people' as 'people
: who agree with your world view'.

: That is not how I define 'sensible people. I find it fascinating that
: you think that it is. Ordover has a long history of being a
: non-sensible person.

You say that about a lot of people and the list appears to
be growing. Is Derek next, because he isn't another yes-man to you?

: Furthermore, much of the investment in private space is represented by
: a few individuals - not the broader financial world.
:
: Much of that money is state government money.
:
:
: Oh? What private vehicles did which states invest in?

: I misstated it. I meant private space industry more generally, not just
: vehicles. I was referring to spaceports.

You said 'state government money' to many's confusion. Please clarify your
misstatement. Was it related to tax in some form? That was my first
thought when I read it.

Eric