Old May 15th 06, 06:00 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station

Default ...Lesson for Nasa! US Airmail and Aviation

"Hyperboreea" wrote in message
ups.com...
Solar power requires massive infrastructure. You would need a cost per
Kg about 2 orders of magnitude lower than the current.

Prolly right...

Also, IMHO, SPS will not be able to provide more than a small fraction
of energy needs.

What, are we going to run out of space in GEO? It all depends on what
assumptions we make about our space lift capability. If we build a lift
capability which can loft SPS at a rate to make a significant contribution
to global energy needs, then that's what will happen.

The fact that SPS can be tremendously enlarged without any obvious
environmental problems here on Earth is one of its selling points.

--

Regards,
Mike Combs