Old December 5th 08, 07:22 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
BradGuth

Default Russian moon landers

On Dec 4, 2:23 pm, Andre Lieven wrote:
On Dec 4, 7:52 am, wrote:

I saw images of the Soviet rovers from lunar orbit taken by Apollo CM.
One with some tracks and one with both together at the meeting point.

I didn't realize they had sufficient resolution, but what do I know.

Only dots with shadows at the end of ground tracks.

Can you post a link to such official images?

Sorry no. I got it only on paper long ago.

## CrossPoint v3.12d R ##

Pay no attention to the Lunatic Guthball, hes a well known
kook. He can't even tell Mars and Venus apart. Hes nuts.

I admit to being doubtful of any Apollo orbital pics that could
have had the resolution to image Lunokhod tracks, as the
altitude of the CSM and the relatively low resolution of the
cameras and film used would have precluded that.

Also, Lunokhod 2 was launched for the Moon after the
last Apollo Moon flight, A17, returned to Earth.

Andre

Got any fly-by-rocket lander in prototype/demo configuration that can
safely reenter, down-range and soft land itself (with or w/o crew)? I
didn't think so.

~ BG