Old December 3rd 08, 07:25 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
BradGuth

Default Russian moon landers

Of what and/or whom should be believe?

Our trusty governments and their DARPA cloak and dagger expertise that
supposedly never make mistakes or intentionally tell lies, or the
independent and peer replicated science from those having nothing to
gain or lose?

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth BG / “Guth Usenet”

wrote:
On Nov 30, 4:35 am, wrote:
Sorry to be so off topic. I am interested in finding a video or still
pictures from that video that was taken by an astronaut during a moon
landing. It included a view of a Russian moon lander. The video might
have been the personal property of the astronaut. I hope it is
available somehow for viewing. Do any of you know about it?

Well, the one that I am thinking of was filmed before the braking
rockets had been fired, while the U.S. vehicle was still moving over
the moon' s surface (the approach to the landing site of the U.S.
vehicle). The U.S. vehicle landed quite a ways from the Russian craft.
The crew never visited the site of the Russian lander. The Russian
craft had done a pinpoint landing in the center of a very interesting
lunar outcropping. The lunar outcropping was almost square at the top
and sloped outwards to the lunar surface. I saw it on T.V. during the
approach to the landing site of the U.S. craft.

I have downloaded a PDF file of Russian Moon landers and it was
probably Luna 18 or Luna 20 that was filmed. I am more interested in
the film of the place where the lander was sitting.

A few years ago I saw a "documentary" about Apollo. During the landing
of one Apollo LM it was said that Houston had concern about a Soviet
moon probe (Zond or Luna) on flight at the same time an area. Then
the we saw a small object crossing the stars and the speaker said
something like "they missed the Apollo craft, it was no danger".

From what I know of satellite or a/c imaging, I`m very sure that
film sequenz was a fake! Except in rendevous condition, you can never
image a space probe with such detail (you realy saw a body of some
simple shape, more like a ICBM reentry vehicle than a satellite - IIRC)
and such low speed against the star background. And you never get such
a good tracking film from a handheld camera like they suggested from
the LM.

Not only this film was fake, the situation was too. There was a Soviet
probe on the way. But there never was any danger of collision. The
only possible concern could be radio com frequency interferences. But
even that I consider remote, because I assume US and SU agreed on
a Luna frequency list well before.

Btw, this bad documentary (hard to find any good one this times) may
be a British production of 3 (?) part telling the story of von Braun
and Korolev as a race for space. I remember some faked shots of
the N-1 to.

I saw images of the Soviet rovers from lunar orbit taken by Apollo CM.
One with some tracks and one with both together at the meeting point.

I didn't realize they had sufficient resolution, but what do I know.
Can you post a link to such official images?

You do realize that our mutually perpetrated cold-war takes two to
tango, don't you?

~ BG