Old December 20th 08, 08:41 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default Steve Lindsey - Astronaut Liar

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 18:26:55 +0100, in a place far, far away, "Bob S."
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

"kT" wrote in message
Steve Lindsey - Astronaut Liar.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...k/6174490.html

Quating Steve Lindsey - NASA Liar : "NASA spent several years studying
architectures and researching every available commercial rocket"

I believe he (Steve) is right, although I'm starting to question the wisdom
of using the SRB for the Ares's first stage. It seems it's generating more
problems than it solves. Why couldn't they have taken another liquid fueled
engine? What options are there, anyone know?

NASA spent several years studying architectures, and then ignored the
results of all those studies, and came up with The Shaft in a
sixty-day studied designed to provide a foreordained conclusion.