Old April 20th 07, 06:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
TheCroW

Default ASTRO: M78 revisited in color

Back in October I took M78 but the image didn't go deep and was in black
and white. Also I didn't have very good image processing tools so the
image wasn't all that satisfying. Last month I redid it over 3 nights
due to clouds interrupting me constantly. This time I went deeper to
see if McNeil's nebula had left any traces behind but it appears gone
for a while. Some Herbig Haro regions down at the lower right show up
but no sign of McNeil's nebula or the illuminating star. This is a
dirty area of space however. A good cleaning of the area might turn it
up again. (I've been pulling too many all nighters of late.)

14" LX200R@f/10, L=3x10', RGB=2x10' all binned 2x2, STL-11000XM,
Paramount ME

Rick

......... (speachless) .... this is such a cool image!! Don't know if I ever
will be able to take shots like this (not with curent scope ofcourse ;-) )
.... but it's an inspiration for sure! :-)

Menno