Old February 9th 05, 09:35 AM
andrea tasselli

Davoud wrote in message ...
(Dear _fellow_ Windows user: please don't be offended. There is nothing
here of interest or importance to you, nothing meant to convince you
that the Mac OS is somehow superior to Microsoft Windows, nothing meant
to inflame you. Please move on to the next post.)

I get quite a few e-mails from Mac users who have found my personal web
site while looking for information on Macs in amateur astronomy -- and
quite a few from amateur astronomers who are Windows users interested
in switching to the Mac, but who don't want to start a flame war by
asking for information in this or other Usenet forums.

Microsoft Windows users who are happy with Microsoft Windows, please
move on to the next post _now_. There is nothing here of interest or
importance to you.

The web page at http://www.davidillig.com/ast-threemacs.shtml is
designed to provide the briefest introduction to using a Mac in amateur
astronomy, at or away from the telescope. While Macs are used
extensively by professional astronomers, the pros are often taking
advantage of the Mac OS's Unix foundation, and they are often using
software that may be more specialized than that required by an amateur.
The referenced web page lists some of the standard software (with
links) that might be of interest to amateurs who use Macs.

Reading the list there is very little compelling reason to switch to a
mac, isn't it?

Andrea T.