Old October 8th 11, 11:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

Default SpaceX video showing Falcon 9 stages and Dragon performing avertical landing

Greg (Strider) Moore wrote:

I suspect it'll be harder to do than suggested and take a few tries, but
hey, it's his money.

I agree if he want to waste his money no skin off my nose. But Jeff and Greg I
frankly I don't understand why shoot for full re-usability when 90% of the
cost recovery is probably in just getting the Merlins back.

Why not just drop them back using a ballute that can float them on the sea
surface for water recovery and harden them against salt water?

Dave