Old February 20th 18, 11:50 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Default NASA's biggest worry right now: What if something goes wrong with the Webb telescope?

Bill wrote in
news
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 11:56:14 -0700, Jibini Kula Tumbili
Kujisalimisha wrote:

Bill wrote in
:

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 08:25:47 +0100, Paul Schlyter wrote:

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 12:55:19 -0700, Jibini Kula Tumbili
Kujisalimisha wrote:
The US currently uses the equivalent of about one
terrawatt-hour of gasoline right now.

How long is "now"? If you don't want to specify a time
interval, you should talk about TW instead of TWh.

The fellow is being absurd.

Chris is, yes.

_No one_ has disputed the fact that the US does not have the
infrastructure to support large numbers of EVs;

Chris has claimed, specifically, that the 30-50% increase in
power generating capcaity and infrastructure needed to
distribute it will magically appear because he wants it to.

nor that would
take considerable time and expese to get the US to a place
where we could sustain millions of EVs on the road on a daily
basis.

The proposal (in multiple jurisdictions) is to force the
replacement of *all* gasoline powered cars. So, no, not
millions of EVs, over a hundred million.

Stop lying about what's been said. Or not. We both know that,
like Chris, you will *never* address the real issues, because
you *know* I'm right.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

What makes "winning" this petty squabble so important to you
that you would want to keep pursuing the topic with such a
vengeance?

Where on earth did you get the idea that I'm trying to win
anything? Taunting stupid people amuses me. There is no "win." The
only way to not lose is to not play.

You're not not playing.

It's all meaningless.

It has been all along. We've done this before, Chris and I, and he
refused to address any of the very real obstacles to universal
adoption of EVs then, too.

Neither one of you is any position to
influence, in the _ANY_ of the matters that you're so
bitterly contesting.

Indeed. But only one of us is aware of it.

It's like people in a stadium, fighting
between themselve over which sports team is the better? The
"game" is on the field - and neither of you appear to be players
or coaches.

Like a good soccer hooligan, it's not about the game, it's about
starting a fight. The stadium is just a convenient place to find
people to sucker punch.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland: