Old January 20th 18, 03:38 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default NASA and shutdowns

On 2018-01-19 20:27, me wrote:
U.S. Government Shutdown Won’t Impact ISS Operations
Jan 18, 2018 Mark Carreau | Aerospace Daily & Defense Report
http://aviationweek.com/awinspace/us...iss-operations

Won't let me read it. Is it deemed to be an "essential" service that
continues despite shutdown, or an already funded service that can
continue until apporproaations run out?

Nothing counts as "already funded". The government's authority to
disburse money expires.

Do ISS operation continue normally, or are they curtailed to some
extent? (experiements are ofren managed by Marshall with lots of staff
on ground).

Continue normally. Just what would 'curtailing' them save?

If I were to ale Fred McCall to the letter, shoudln'r they be cutting
power, gas, heating to all federal buildings sinc there is no funding
to pay for it?

They charge it. Vendors (rightly) assume that this will eventually
get sorted out and they'll get paid.

territory."
--G. Behn