Old August 23rd 07, 07:37 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,alt.astronomy
rat ~( )>

Default First telescope purchase - SkyQuest XT8?

On Aug 22, 3:41?pm, "Jan Owen" wrote:
I own 3.7, 5.5, 8, 10, 12, and 13.1" scopes... Keeping that in mind, my
personal opinion is that you'll thank yourself later for ordering a 10"
scope instead of an 8", UNLESS you live somewhere where the Jet Stream is
always overhead, or if you live somewhere where the seeing is always quite
poor... Then, the 8" MIGHT be a better choice...

--
Jan Owen

I think the 10" will do better regardless of the skies. I live under
the jet stream, and I've owned both. I gave the 8" Synta to a friend
and kept a 10" Starsplitter for myself. Aperture rules.

rat
~( );