Old January 28th 04, 12:06 PM

In article RBuRb.127928$sv6.686203@attbi_s52,
"Robert J. Kolker" wrote:

wrote:

Do you keep your disk cleaned up or do you wait until you
have to clean it up? I'll by one of my pennies that you
wait until it becomes necessary.

I run my file cleaner once a week like clock work and even more often if
I have done file creation intensive work.

And do you do this ala a user command or a timed batch job? Batch
isn't usually done on a realtime system. Do you really take a chance
and do the purge system-wide or do you limit it to a directory?
A system-wide purge is just asking for Murphy to make visit and
there aren't any operators to restore the one crucial file on Mars.

... I also purge my mailboxes of
junk and deleted e-mail every other day. My capacity usage never exceeds
five percent, unless someone sends me mail with a really humongous file
attachment.

Does the disk usage report include files that can be undeleted?
If it doesn't, then you have lots of crap on your disk that is
invisible to you but NOT the operating system.

I have see a file full meassage on my computer maybe once, about 12
years ago.

For what kind of capacity? Now compare that to the RAM on Mars.
Also remember that RAM is memory not disk.

/BAH

Subtract a hundred and four for e-mail.