Old August 8th 14, 11:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,rec.arts.sf.science,sci.physics
Rick Jones

Default SpaceX Reusable Rocket Test Returns Booster to Earth, then 'Kaboom'

In sci.space.policy Robert Clark wrote:
SpaceX has released a video showing the last ocean water "landing" taken
from a chase plane:

Falcon 9 first stage propulsive landing Video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBcj38ilNn4

It will be excellent to see the "direct" footage when they release it.
Were my Mk I eyeballs deceiving me (etirely possible) or was the thing
not quite fully vertical before it reached the water?

Imagine the effect on the industry when that stage lands intact on a
solid surface. Imagine the even greater effect when that same stage
is relaunched successfully for another flight!

I'm just glad you used effect rather than "impact"

rick jones