Old October 25th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.arts.sf.science,sci.space.history
Hop David

Default Questions about "The High Frontier"

Pat Flannery wrote:

Hop David wrote:

Bigelow Aerospace hopes to rent their habs at these rates:
4 weeks $15 million
8 weeks $18 million
1 year $88 million
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigelow_Aerospace

And we hoped to launch payloads on the Shuttle at around $118.00 per pound.
When Bigelow gets a habitat in orbit and people start renting it, then
we'll see what the price is, and how many customers are lining up.

Pat

You snipped a lot of context. I was arguing against the notion that
worker transportation costs would surely not justify hab construction.

Even given more pessimistic hab costs and more optimistic transportation
costs (the website you snipped said $450 million per shuttle trip),
transportation expense could justify construction of habs.

Hop