Old December 27th 19, 06:15 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Niklas Holsti

Default Starliner orbit

On 2019-12-27 16:52, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

[snip]
What worries me was that NASA was very quick to state that the ship was
ready to fly humans, focusing on simngle timer issue, instead of "we'll
wait for a full analysis before making decision on further flights".

This is exactly my point! It was NASA Administrator Bridenstine setting
this tone, and it's very troubling.

I don't recall any such statement or tone from Bridenstine in the press
conferences. Contrariwise, at about 37:15 into the post-landing press
conference,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kocZnVAbRsk, Bridenstine all
but interrupts the Boeing guy to say that even had the mission gone
apparently perfectly, they would still have to review _all_ the mission
data before deciding to fly crew.

--
Niklas Holsti
Tidorum Ltd