Old May 27th 18, 02:10 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Load and Go

In article ,
says...

NASA is at least verbally sounding more encouraging about the SpaceX
'Load and Go' launch for manned vehicles. This is good because, while
they could do it the other way, there would be a performance hit due
to the propellants having time to warm up. Block 5 has some extra
performance over Block 4, so there may be some headspace there, but
why give it up?

Agreed. Plus loading fuel after the pad is cleared of everyone but the
astronauts (who are strapped in a capsule with an escape system), the
risk to personnel is reduced over loading fuel then strapping the crew
inside.

Jeff