Old May 26th 18, 01:16 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default Load and Go

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message

NASA is at least verbally sounding more encouraging about the SpaceX
'Load and Go' launch for manned vehicles. This is good because, while
they could do it the other way, there would be a performance hit due
to the propellants having time to warm up. Block 5 has some extra
performance over Block 4, so there may be some headspace there, but
why give it up?

Yeah, I saw that the other day. I have mixed feelings about it. I think the
performance benefit is nice, but it is one more risk. I think over time
though we'll have enough data points to know exactly how big of a risk. Is
it 1 in 100 or 1 in 1,000,000 sort of thing... Time will tell.

IT Disaster Response -
https://www.amazon.com/Disaster-Resp...dp/1484221834/