Old February 2nd 13, 04:37 PM posted to sci.physics,alt.astronomy,sci.astro
Adolf Arch-Impersonator

Default The Cooling of the Universe

On Feb 2, 10:55*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 2/2/13 7:55 AM, Brad Guth wrote:

On Feb 1, 9:04 pm, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 2/1/13 7:28 PM, Brad Guth wrote:

Or, a BH could just as easily be 1e6 K, because no IR or any other
spectrum can escape.

* * That BH would have a mass of 1.2e+14 Metric Tons
* * And a lifetime of 4.9e+27 years

An electron is how hot?

* *Must be measured. Try not to be stooopid, Guth.

I'm guessing that the temperature of emitted electrons from a black
hole would have to depend upon the time that they were emitted, e.g. a
black hole with a mass of 10^15 g continuously emits radiation
(electrons) for 10^10 years, corresponding to the age of the universe.

But observations of evaporating black holes would therefore have to
apply to holes with masses 10^16 g.

And whether or not evaporating black holes eventually disappear
altogether, would mean that they would have to violate the
conservation of baryon charge. My guess is that black holes would have
to stop evaporating at some quantum level, and divide up as electrons
around 10^-5 g.